MariaDB 10.0 Overview
The MariaDB 10.0 series is the most hotly awaited release of MariaDB since 5.5. In this webinar we delve into the features that MariaDB 10.0 has, why you should consider it, how it compares to MySQL 5.6, and why you should consider migrating to it.
A quick overview of the topics include:
- replication improvements, including multi-source replication, Global Transaction ID (GTID), and more
- connecting MariaDB to a Cassandra cluster using CassandraSE using the CONNECT storage engine to join ODBC data sources with other tables and more
- using the built-in sharding features of the SPIDER storage engine
- atomic write support for FusionIO DirectFS
- improvements for DBAs around per-thread-memory-usage statistics, and more
- MySQL Enterprise features that exist in MariaDB: PAM Authentication plugin, threadpool, Audit plugin
The benefits are clear. We will delve a little into the roadmap of upcoming features, you will learn what features are ported from MySQL 5.6, and you will learn about the availability of a MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0 release.
About your host
Colin Charles works on MariaDB at SkySQL. He has been the Chief Evangelist for MariaDB since 2009, work ranging from speaking engagements to consultancy and engineering works around MariaDB. He lives in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and had worked at MySQL since 2005, and been a MySQL user since 2000. Before joining MySQL, he worked actively on the Fedora and OpenOffice.org projects. He's well known on the conference track having spoken at many of them over the course of his career.
SkySQL and MariaDB
SkySQL is the leading global provider of products and services for the MySQL and MariaDB databases. With over 350 enterprise customers worldwide, SkySQL has the leading MySQL talent pool with sponsorship by the original MySQL & MariaDB creators. Our worldwide customers include Google, Booking.com, Craigslist, Deutsche Telekom, Home Depot, La Poste, Orange and Virgin Mobile.