This instructor-led class is for anyone developing applications with the MySQL® database. We cover the basics of how to use the MySQL database efficiently and tuning queries for performance and high concurrency, as well as strategies for approaching complex problems that aren’t easily solved with SQL. Get the latest tips & tricks for developing with the MySQL database!
You will learn how to:
- Choose storage engines for your tables
- Write basic SQL for the MySQL database
- Use the MySQL-specific commands and syntax
- Optimize joins and sub-queries for the MySQL database
- Design your schema, normalize it, and know when to de-normalize!
- Tune your SQL queries with inside knowledge of the MySQL Optimizer
- Use programming logic for stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Design your application to handle scaling out with MySQL Replication
- Solve complex problems using standard SQL
Who is this course for?
This course is for the developer who wants to complement and deepen their SQL and MySQL database knowledge.
Knowledge of basic SQL and relational databases is required. Basic MySQL database knowledge is recommended but not required.
An instructor led course with hands-on lab exercises. Each student will be provided with an individual computer/workstation and course materials.
Table of contents (subject to change):
- Storage Engines
- Data Types
- Writing Data
- Reading Data
- Query Optimization
- Schema Design
- Error Handling
- Clients & Connectors
- Scaling Up & Out
- Tips & Tricks