Developed by Monty Program AB, MariaDB is an enhanced, backwards-compatible, drop-in replacement of the MySQL® database server.
MariaDB strives to be the logical choice for database professionals looking for a robust, scalable, and reliable SQL server. To accomplish this, Monty Program works to hire the best and brightest developers in the industry, work closely and cooperatively with the larger community of users and developers in the true spirit of Free and open source software, and release software in a manner that balances predictability with reliability. Much more information is available on the Monty Program website, and we heartily encourage you to spend some time reading before installing or deploying MariaDB.
Here are some important resources to get you started. All links will redirect you to external sites, noted in parentheses.
- About MariaDB (kb.askmonty.org)
- Downloading MariaDB (downloads.askmonty.org)
- MariaDB vs MySQL (kb.askmonty.org)
- MariaDB code hosting (Launchpad)
- How to contribute code (kb.askmonty.org)
- Monty Program's community ethos (montyprogram.com)
- Monty Program's commercial offerings (montyprogram.com)