WHAT IS IT?
SkySQL Galera Cluster is a database clustering solution that uses synchronous replication to build a single cluster entity or multi-master cluster, in which all servers have identical data at all times.
The main features are:
- No failover requirements : the nodes are all active and are all masters.
- The application can read and write to or from any server
- Horizontal Scalability (scale out) for both reads and writes
- Automated online add node
- Easy node removal (scale in)
- No application change scale out
- Resilient to high latency networks
- No data loss
SkySQL Galera Cluster is supported by SkySQL in conjunction with Codership as part of the High Availability Solution pack
WHERE TO GET IT ?
Galera Cluster works with MySQL and MariaDB. It can be downloaded here.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Using an optional load-balancer, the application connects to any server of the cluster and starts a transaction. When the application commits, all the data changed within the transaction is moved to the other nodes of the cluster. The commit will complete only when all the nodes have received the data, which is applied locally at a later time. In this way the impact in terms of performance is very limited.
SkySQL offers Severalnines ClusterControl, a graphical tool used to deploy, as an optional extra. ClusterControl can be used to manage, monitor and scale a Galera Cluster.
WHEN TO USE IT?
- Mission critical applications tolerating no data loss
- 99.999% uptime required
- No possibility to change the application for read/write splitting
- The application does not continually update the same rows
- Download Galera Cluster
- White Paper on minimizing downtime and maximizing elasticity
- Galera Cluster Wiki: http://www.codership.com/wiki/doku.php
- SeveralNines ClusterControl: http://www.severalnines.com/clustercontrol-mysql-galera
- What we can do for you
- Database Support Plans
- Database Solutions
- Database Components
- MySQL Support
- MariaDB Support
- Remote DBA
- White Papers
- Server Feature Development
- Success Stories
- See the Pricing