MaxScale for MariaDB & MySQL Query Tool Downloads
MaxScale is an open-source, database-centric proxy that works with MariaDB and MySQL®.
It has a pluggable architecture designed to increase flexibility and aid customisation as well as a lightweight, high-speed networking core designed to facilitate throughput.
MaxScale runs between the client application and the database cluster and currently offers connection and statement-based load balancing.
Additional features include:
- Extensible protocols permitting the integration of different client interfaces or different databases (e.g. clients can user standard MySQL connectors or other mechanisms such as JSON over HTTP)
- Extensible methods for client authentication
- The possibility to alter, block or log client requests and results for auditing, application testing or troubleshooting purposes effectively allowing the implementation of a database firewall
- Constant monitoring or database cluster status
- Extensible routing logic based on application requirements
Technical documentation is available on the documentation repository on GitHub. It includes Debug & Diagnostic Support as well as a guide to the query routing mechanisms used in the Router Module.
SkySQL’s enterprise-class commercial support for MySQL and MariaDB offers support for MaxScale but we caution against the use of alpha-quality software in critical production environments. Please contact SkySQL for help in implementing your MaxScale environment. Read Whitepaper
Got questions about MaxScale? Post your queries and feedback on our dedicated Google Group.