MaxScale for MariaDB & MySQL
MaxScale is an open-source, database-centric proxy that works with MariaDB and MySQL®.
It has a pluggable architecture designed to increase flexibility and aid customisation as well as a lightweight, high-speed networking core designed to facilitate throughput.
MaxScale runs between the client application and the database cluster and currently offers connection and statement-based load balancing.
Additional features include:
- Extensible protocols permitting the integration of different client interfaces or different databases (e.g. clients can user standard MySQL connectors or other mechanisms such as JSON over HTTP)
- Extensible methods for client authentication
- The possibility to alter, block or log client requests and results for auditing, application testing or troubleshooting purposes effectively allowing the implementation of a database firewall
- Constant monitoring or database cluster status
- Extensible routing logic based on application requirements
Technical documentation is available on the documentation repository on GitHub. It includes Debug & Diagnostic Support as well as a guide to the query routing mechanisms used in the Router Module.
SkySQL’s enterprise-class commercial support for MySQL and MariaDB offers support for MaxScale but we caution against the use of alpha-quality software in critical production environments. Please contact SkySQL for help in implementing your MaxScale environment. Read Whitepaper