Some facts about us: This innovative and fast growing company is the first choice in affordable MySQL® & MariaDB® database solutions. The cream of the former MySQL AB talent is gathered here in one place with the resources and talent to develop new database services and solutions for the enterprise & the cloud; we’re looking for creative ways to communicate that!
SkySQL has developed into a strong, young brand that is growing in recognition.
We are now seeking a Senior Marketing Manager for North America to take on the challenge of a young booming company with tons of potential and give it direction in the world’s biggest economy. The purpose of this role is to progress the SkySQL brand in North America, increase company exposure and support the sales team with a view to maximising the image and profile of the company through effective, tactical marketing.
The successful candidate will collaborate cross-functionally on new concepts/product strategies to ensure we take full advantage of technological and market opportunities across the North American region. This person will develop a structured marketing strategy and implement a plan of tactical marketing programs.
What You’ll Do (key areas):
• Formulate the annual North America marketing plan and execute seasonal marketing campaigns in line with the company’s global marketing strategy.
• Manage the SkySQL brand in your region, with particular focus on content generation, online advertising, e-mail marketing, webinars & events, social media, etc.
• Plan and execute product launches (using a mix of marketing tools), ensuring correct positioning of products within the market place to maximize interest and demand.
• Support the sales teams with all sales and marketing initiatives.
• Work closely with the Web, Creative and Public Relations teams to ensure consistent message. Network with marketing teams at our partner companies for joint campaigns.
• Measure, analyze and report on effectiveness of activities.
What You’re Made of: Business acumen, communication skills, creativity, decision quality, directing others, managerial courage, presentation skills, problem solving, project management, but most important of all, passion.
What You Need (key elements):
• Academic or recognised vocational background in Marketing and/or relevant professional experience
• 6-7 years’ experience in marketing with at least 2 years in a leadership role
• International Marketing experience
• Strong creative and analytical skills
• Customer segmentation experience necessary
• Ability to collaborate at all levels with both internal and external customers
We are a "virtual" team, distributed globally and working from home, "telecommuting" via the internet, with heavy use of email, web, IRC and similar technologies/services. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.