Please note that this position has now been filled.
SkySQL is hiring an expert-level technical support engineer to resolve complex customer issues ranging from software usage and best practices to performance tuning and defect resolution. This position requires advanced troubleshooting skills and creative problem solving capabilities.
We are a "virtual" team, distributed globally and working from home, "telecommuting" via the internet, with heavy use of email, web, IRC, ftp, ssh and similar technologies/services. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal.
- 4+ years experience with the MySQL database server in production environments
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- Strong knowledge of SQL query writing and tuning
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Passion for serving customers and solving technical problems
- Ability to travel internationally for occasional company-related meetings
- Prior MySQL Support Engineer experience
- Formal MySQL Certifications
- Software development experience (C, C++, Java, python, PHP)
- Experience with performance critical environments
- Experience with high availability environments and technologies
- Experience with the MariaDB database server
- Experience with the Drizzle database server
Work location is highly flexible, however the working hours for this position will primarily target "European Business Hours".
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.