This position has been filled.
SkySQL is hiring an expert-level technical support engineer to resolve complex customer issues ranging from software usage and best practices to performance tuning and defect resolution. This position requires advanced troubleshooting skills and creative problem solving capabilities.
We are a "virtual" team, distributed globally and working from home, "telecommuting" via the internet and making heavy use of email, web, IRC, ftp, ssh and similar technologies/services. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- 4+ years experience with the MySQL database server in production environments
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- Strong knowledge of SQL query writing and tuning
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Passion for serving customers and solving technical problems
- Ability to travel internationally for company-related meetings
- Experience with MySQL deployments on Linux
- Prior MySQL Support Engineer experience
- Formal MySQL Certifications
- Experience with the MariaDB database server
- Experience with the MySQL Cluster database server
- Experience with Amazon EC2
- Experience in performance critical environments
- Experience with high availability environments and technologies
- Software development experience (C, C++, Java, PHP, Python)
- Experience with MySQL deployments on Microsoft Windows
Work location is highly flexible, however the working hours for this position will primarily target "Asia-Pacific Business Hours", typically serving customers throughout Asia and the west coast of North America.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com