Looking to drive growth of open source cloud database solutions as part of a uniquely experienced and dynamic start-up team?
In the two years since inception, SkySQL has succeeded in building a client base of 300+ enterprise customers in 28 countries around the world. Revenues are growing very quickly and we are looking to add a North America-based experienced Senior Sales Account Manager to the global team of 40+ employees.
This is a largely new business, field sales role. You will be selling into the North American market based from home. You will be pushing support subscription and professional services deals around MySQL® and MariaDB® to a wide variety of corporate clients. A small element of account management is required with existing accounts.
Being a new team, SkySQL currently practices an “open territory” sales policy in North America, so you will not be constrained to a small region or a set of zip codes. For at least the coming year, your territory will be North America and you should expect to travel extensively.
Since this may not always be the case beyond 2014, this also represents a great opportunity to progress potentially towards a more verticalized role with your own region. Management progression is also a possibility if desired.
The ‘perfect’ candidate will have a proven track record selling database software into the corporate market place for at least 5 years however it is NOT essential to be this specific, we will consider candidates with a proven track record selling Enterprise software solutions into the corporate market for 5+ years. You must be driven, polished and eager to develop your sales career to the next level.
- Prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline.
- Close business to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual bookings objectives.
- Work with Sales Engineering team to construct opportunity plans and valuable propositions.
- Communicate with and contribute to the Sales team worldwide.
- Work with the Marketing team to conduct seminars, webinars, assist with trade shows and other marketing related events.
- Travel to customer locations, marketing events and internal events as required.
- B.A. / B.Sc. ideally in business or computer sciences.
- 5+ years track record in software solution sales, with database, open source or cloud experience highly preferred.
- Candidate must be located in North America.
- Demonstrated history of exceeding targets in highly competitive environment.
- Smart, polished, articulate.
- Outstanding relationship building skills with a high degree of responsiveness and integrity.
- Highly mobile, with experience of driving business whilst on the move.
- Ability to work from home.
- Multiple languages and/or international experience is an advantage. Excellent spoken and written English is a must.
- North America
Founded by former MySQL executives, financed by the founders of MySQL and predominantly staffed by former MySQL employees, SkySQL is the first choice in affordable MySQL® & MariaDB® database solutions. We have recently completed Round A funding lead by CT Ventures and are currently complementing our offering of services and third party solutions with an internally developed range of cloud database products.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.