MariaDB 10.0.8 Overview and Highlights
MariaDB 10.0.8 was recently released as RC ("Release Candidate"), and is available for download here:
This is the first RC release of MariaDB 10.0. It is primarily a bug-fix and polishing release, and all features planned for MariaDB 10.0 GA are included in this release.
There were 6 notable changes in MariaDB 10.0.8:
- InnoDB upgraded to version 5.6.14
- FLUSH ... FOR EXPORT works
- Added a new server variable, old_mode, to allow selectively restoring old behavior, in contrast to the old "all-or-nothing" approach of the --old command-line option. See OLD MODE for more.
- Added a new read-only server variable malloc_library
- Bundled PCRE library upgraded to version 8.34
- The CREATE OR REPLACE TABLE statement was added. It is used internally for replicating CREATE ... SELECT statements (MDEV-5491), but it is also can be used by clients as any other SQL statement.
You can read more about the 10.0.8 release here:
And if interested, you can review the full list of changes in 10.0.8 (changelogs) here:
Hope this helps.
About the Author
Join Our Webinars
MySQL Tips and Tricks presented by SkySQL Experts
SkySQL is a global software vendor specialising in high availability and high performance MySQL. With a client base consisting of global brands such Google, Fusion-io, HP, Virgin Mobile, Craigslist, Harvard University and numerous small to medium businesses, SkySQL is perfectly suited to help with any of your MySQL needs.